Active for Autism Virtual 5K & Kids Dash
April 1st – 11th
Starting April 1st, kicking off National Autism Awareness Month, the Active for Autism 5K & Kids Dash will be back for its third year in a row!
Join OAR (Organization for Autism Research) for this completely virtual event that can be completed from anywhere, anytime between April 1st – 11th and dedicate your virtual miles to autism research.
All proceeds from this virtual event will go to OAR’s Changing Lives Fund. Their goal is to raise $80,000, enough to fund two new OAR research studies.
The Active for Autism Virtual 5K & Kids Dash is a virtual event that can be run, walked, cycled, swam at your own pace, in your own time, from wherever you are! Ideally it would be on a course near your front door, inside your home on a treadmill/trainer, or get creative and find a new, fun course to race. While we can’t run together in a race, we want to motivate you to keep moving and challenge yourself to a virtual race!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Sign Up!
- Register online for the virtual race.
- Complete Your Virtual Race
- Pick the course you want to race and complete your Active for Autism Virtual race between April 1st and April 11th.
- Take A Finish Line Photo
- We want to see you at the finish line! Take a selfie when you finish your distance. Post to social media, tag @runforautism and use the hashtags #ActiveForAutism5K and #RUNFORAUTISM.
- Submit Your Results
- All Active for Autism Virtual 5K participants who complete their 5K and send or post a photo of their virtual race by April 18th will be listed in the 2021 virtual runner results.
- Have Fun!
Take your support one step further and set up a fundraiser for OAR. All Virtual 5K fundraisers are eligible for fundraising prizes!
Or if you simply want to support the cause and our event, you can donate here!